This is one of my favorite soups to make! Super Easy and I put it in the crock pot and let it cook all day! My hubby loves it. I usually serve it with a hearty artisan bread and butter or tortilla chips. On a cold, snowy night this soup hits the spot.
- Recipe for White Chicken Chili in the Crock-pot
- 1 rotisserie chicken, picked apart into bite size pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or 2-6 teaspoons of jarred chopped garlic3 cups chicken broth
- 2 small cans dice green chili’s
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (I add more – I love cumin)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce or spicy chili mix
- 2 cans (15 to 16 oz each) great northern beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15-16 oz) white navy beans
- 2 can (11 oz) Green Giant® SteamCrisp® Niblets® white shoepeg corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tsp dried
- 1/2 to 1 cup sour cream
- Saute onion and yellow pepper in a little olive oil slight browned. Put into slower cooker with the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 8 hours.
- About an hour prior to serving, increase crock pot setting to high and add sour cream. Cook with the cover off and stir every so often until the soup thickens to desired consistency.
This is a hearty soup, has a great taste and can be spiced up if that’s your thing. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply